Thursday, August 11, 2011

Covers and others

Riding into work each day has been great, it brings back the things I was starting to lose touch with, like the looks the scoot gets, school kids waving and giving me the thumbs up, the sweet sweet aroma of the 2T while idling at the lights, giving her a fair squirt along the long flat sweeping bend just before I hit town. I even think that it's running a little better, the power is good and responsive and she has even become a two kick from cold scoot instead of a standard three, sometimes four and it's winter time here. I have lost a little confidence in the time she has been parked up in bits and have forgotten some of the little quirks. The front brake still isn't right, and I don't think I can adjust it any more, I suspect that the outer end isn't seated properly, the rear brake works well but doesn't feel right, sort of spongy and the gears don't feel the same either, now that I have the adjustment right the changes are smooth but different and I know the brake cable outer is a little longer than the last one so this might be one cause and all the cables are new so maybe they need to settle in a bit, stretch just a little and all will be OK. I have a list of double checks for Friday.
I had to get some medicine for one of my sick boys, so after work I go into the mall and get what I need and as I'm gearing up to leave a little boy and his mum walk past and he is so excited to see the bike I get distracted enough to forget to turn the fuel back on and after five o'clock in the busy mall next to the supermarket, it's not a great place for the scooter to die as I get into the roundabout....I got off and pushed the bike off the road and started it up, much to the amusement of passers by......I'd love to say that won't happen again.




I have painted up my dust covers and although not a great paint job, the colour match is pretty close, you can't see them under there unless you look, so I just won't. The middle pic is Gloria in her parking spot at work, lonely, but looking like a labrador you have just put outside in the cold after laying in front of the fire.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, glad you're feeling the love again. Front brakes were never good from new so I've heard. But your rear should be able to lock up so you can do BMX sideways skids.... that's what I do anyway.

    ReplyDelete