Saturday, August 13, 2011

out and about



It was a beautiful winters day, after all the rain we have had it was nice to bask in the sun, I took Gloria out for a spin and other than having to adjust the gear cable it was good fun, I parked up under a tree on a quiet street overlooking the river, in fourth and tightened the cable anchor, as I did a Harley rider putted past slowly to see what was going on, I nodded and in typical fashion got no response, I guess he was thinking either...
1. wtf ! is that bloke actually doing something mechanical to his bike on the side of the road himself, isn't that what mechanics are for?
2. Should I stop and ask him if he knows a good cafe so I can go and sit and practice my snarly tough guy look whist sipping my latte.
3. Should I do the right thing and see if he's in trouble? mmmmm after what happened in Brighton in the sixties I'm kinda scared of hard nut scooter riders, I might just practice my snarly look, ignore him and go and find a cafe myself.
4. Suck shit Mate, that's what you get for riding a classic scooter and not a penis extension.

Anyway it was such a nice day I thought I'd do an impromptu photo shoot, just out of town there is a wildlife sanctuary for water birds, ducks, swans, frogs etc. there are a few hides and nesting boxes to promote breeding there and a few board walks and hides, the odd picnic table, It's called McLeod's Morass, The pics are above, it was nice and peaceful and with spring just around the corner, plenty going on, until I spoilt the serenity with my noisy, smelly 2T scooter.
When I got home I went about sorting the brake switch to get the brake light working, will test it tomorrow. It's nice not having so many things to fix, but not as nice having the wind in my face and the crackle of the exhaust behind me.

Disclaimer. I was sort of half joking about the stereotype Harley Rider. I'm sure the rider is a great bloke, and really wanted to help. Harley's are beautiful machines and their riders just as passionate about their rides as scooter riders are about theirs and I get that,  just not my cup of tea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment