Sunday, August 7, 2011

On the road again.

2604 kms on the clock and I'm back on the road...about time I say.
So this is the deal. after nearly asphyxiating myself testing every connection for power, I made sure all the connections were tight and free from anything and I couldn't find any problems, power but no light, WTF, checked all the globes and then realised that I had the switch off at the handlebar, derrr, flicked it and we were lit up. yay.
I had headlights, high and low beam and they are bright, no pilot light but to be honest I'm not going back in there to sort it out until I need to, I have no horn, is it possible to burn these out, I don't know but initially it was honking constantly and I thought it may have been the switch creating an earth, but now I get nothing, I need to research into what the possible causes are, but in the mean time it will be on the same list as the pilot light. I have a nice bright tail light and an cantankerous brake light that works sometimes I checked at the connections and can only put it down to the switch so I will definitely be going back in there to tidy up my, to be honest, half arsed connection, the switch itself is still in good condition and works as it should so it will be just coming up with a better way of attaching the wires than just feeding them through the holes and twisting them.....
Other than that, I need to adjust the front brake a little and fine tune fourth gear and shes back to her normal self, the old tail light cover is being used as I, being a little excited and got over zealous with the screw bloody cracked the new one, the new bulb holder doesn't quite match the old cover but is on none the less with the screws not quite screwed home. The new cover is being super glued back together. and that's it for now. it is a relief and now I can't wait until Friday, I'm giving myself a long weekend for my 40th birthday, which will be on the Monday and I'm having that off too, I'm going out for a decent ride to celebrate on what was my 40th birthday present anyway....my 1971 Sprint Veloce, Gloria.

1 comment: