Sunday, April 1, 2012

Moving forward





I finally got the seal to fit, it was a bee's dick too big on the outer diametre, some "shaping" took the 1mm required off and she was snug snug ready to go, the case went together a treat and in no time I had the selector box on, the top end on and everything torqued down. I ran out of time but got the stator, the junction box and the spark plug lead in place as well. The next step will be put the engine back in the scooter and get the carb and air box on, connect all the cables and wiring, oil fuel and kick. A couple of days yet but it's been baby steps anyway.
The photos show various stages once I got the cases together, my one concern is the top of the third port, one side is a bit beaten up but shouldn't be a problem I have done all I can do to ensure I get a good seal. The crank turns but the sealed bearings did have a slight bit of resistance to them compared to the roller bearings and you can feel it with the crank turning.
If all goes to poo, all is not lost, I have a set of Veloce cases arriving this week so if there are any dramas, I'll use them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it all looks lovely and clean! :-)

    ReplyDelete