Sunday, January 23, 2011

1955

The speedo has 1955 kms on it now and despite all the little things I find each time I look a little closer, the bike is running well, the plug is still a nice chocolate brown colour, once I get the new jet and the front end sorted I will be looking into why I keep blowing bulbs, wiring is definitly not my strength and part of the reason I keep putting it off. I go over the bike from top to bottom every couple of days to see if all the welds and the paint is still ok, there are a few areas of concern and to be honest I'm going to pull up the centre mat so I can have a look underneath, for peace of mind. One thing I have noticed in one of those just sitting there and looking moments was that the chrome trim on the cowls sit at different heights, looking from directly behind and at ground level the engine side cowl trim is 20mm higher than the other side, looking at each cowl the trim looks ok but in comparison its almost an inch out, thats a head scratcher???
Fueling up the other day a beat up car full of young blokes pulls in behind me, they are all watching with interest as I put the 2T in, jump on give the bike a shake to mix it all up, kick it and take off, the thing I'm glad they didn't see was me pulled over 100 metres up the road, stalled because I had forgot to turn the fuel tap back on........

No comments:

Post a Comment