Sunday, January 23, 2011

Front end blues








So I had the front wheel off to replace the brake shoes and thought I'd check out the rest of the front end, now I knew that the shock was buggered but not how much,  there was 5 washers packing out behind the nut and the bolt holding the lower end was bent and the rubber was distorted and off centre, the top wasn't much better, the spring had washers packing out the top and bottom where it was fixed. I am currently in talks with a sccoter shop in Brisbane regarding the main jet and a new front shock, as for the brake shoes I'm a little confused, It could be that the shoes are wrong, but they are very close to the ones that came off, or the hub is from anothe model perhaps, I need to do a bit more research and question asking on that one.
So I put it all back together, adjusted the front and rear brake cables, took her for a quick spin to make sure all was OK and parked up for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment