Sunday, January 23, 2011

back to business

Holidays went well, caught up with family and friends that we dont see very often, long road trip was as expected, one major spew incident. 10 minutes from destination one, joy.
The rest of the trip was good if you are into wiggles music and children that haven't eaten a proper meal for three days..
Incidents to note,  Eldest son, 3.5 in the beach waves for the first time getting bowled over by the massive one foot swell, and star fishing just below the surface with raw panic on his face.....I was a metre away and "saved" him but the image is burned into my mind., My youngest was, against all instructions, swinging on his chair, fell back and hit a convenient corner and split his head open. A trip to hospital and some glue had him sorted, until the next day when he found a wasps nest, the upside is he isn't allergic and he suffers acute pain well, downside we couldn't let the kids let off steam outside.
Rum, Beer, cards, my fabulous cooking and others of course, and a week blurred itself away in what seemed like a day or two, as most holidays do.
Once home and unpacked, kids settled I took leave to tend to the scoots.
Gloria roared into life after 4 kicks, 14 days idle and no probs. I ran around town for 50 odd kms and the old girl didn't miss a beat, the gear cables need a tweak as they seemed a bit sloppy, the rear break that I had changed needed an adjustment after real riding time and not just a lap of my street, a happy ride all round.
Plans. well it has come to light that I have a different carb than I thought I did, the wrong size main jet, the front shock is fucked, packing washers a plenty and bent bolts, the crusty old asbestos brake shoes will have to stay because the shiny new ones wont fit into the rim, the light bulbs have an issue with working together after a week or so. But other than that it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment