Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well earned break.

Well I never got to get the kms done that I wanted to and the family and I are off interstate to visit family and friends for a week or so. Managed about 30kms today but due to all the other things I had to do before setting off time was my issue, I did stop in town for a subway lunch, I parked in a striped zone next to a big bin and got my lunch when I came back there was an old lady looking at my bike and saying something to a younger man that was with her, judging by the look on her face I'd say it wasn't a similar bike her husband used to whisk her about on picnics or to a movie 40 years ago, but more like a "look where some young hoolum has parked his bike, kids these days". I chuckled to myself and she never said anything to me as I stuffed the footlong into the side glove compartment and proceeded to kick the scoot about 6-7 times before it finally started. Phew.
So 1835 kms will be it until I get back, I did take the GT for a spin too to get the cobwebs off her, it is nice to have a good reliable scoot as a back-up. I have read about bikes not starting after a break of a couple of weeks, so I will cross that bridge on the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment