Friday, February 11, 2011

1985

It's a year that some will remember fondly, depending on your age, some would say if you remember it you weren't really there, it was about big hair, skinny jeans, thin ties, for the ladies it was blue eye shadow, or black, pink blush or white and of course the hairspray, there was cool music, well sort of, it was cutting edge then and I defy anyone not to smirk and hum along, tapping thier foot, slippers and all, when they see a clip from back then,  for me well I was half way through high school, discovering the joy of a slow dance at the school disco with the girl of my dreams, at the same time trying to figure out if girl germs would actually kill me , why the ugly ducklings had turned into beautiful swans overnight and what I would lie about what actually happened to my mates the next day....ahhhh coming of age, my wife was 5 and from all accounts and pictures, just a wee cute girl with a big smile. Gloria was probably loaded up with some ducks and a pig, three toddlers, mum and grandma off to the market for the day.
Today it's the number on my speedo, detached and waiting, I haven't riden in about two weeks, I have all the bits and pieces I need on order and now I wait, had I ignored the speedo light that I dont really need, it would be business as usual, the parts, as they arrive, I could replace and when the bike is running well, then I'll start on the wiring issues, at least I'd be riding.....

I'm thinking of putting together a list of things I have replaced, but that can wait, I will say that I'm swapping out the exhaust for a Sito Plus, upjetting to suit, I have a new air cleaner/filter, all I have to say is that in comparison, the new one will do what it's supposed to, the old one kept the flys out at least.....
So I'm excited about the tuned exhaust, and getting the whole thing doing the best it can, a solid front end, new speedo gear and just being out there, wind in the hair, smile on the dial and two stroke smoke in my wake. ahhhhhh 1985.

2 comments:

  1. Good to read your continuing Vespa adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long and winding road that I can't wait to get back onto, should be buzzing around by the end of the month, just waiting on some bits.

    ReplyDelete