Tuesday, February 1, 2011

head light & wiring








                                     
I haven't ridden much in the last week, due to weather, 40 degrees C (about 105F) for three days, my wife's family are here to assist with the boys while my wife covers someones leave at work etc. But I was looking at the bike one afternoon and saw that the headlight had moved down, see pic one, so I took it off to find that three of the six little tabs had broken off, now I knew two had broken prior to this but the ond at the bottom of the headlight went this time, hense it falling down, see pic three. However a tiny spider had taken residence in the headset and wasn't happy I had evicted him, pic two. I have packed out the light in the meantime, until I can get a new one, not urgent.
I have been meaning to map out the wiring and try to find the reason I blow headlight bulbs, now was the first time I started to look into this, the rest of the pics are of the headlight set up and the switch box on the handle bar, the switch needs a good clean up and both that and the headlight could probably do to be replaced eventually. I now plan to work out what the colours used here are and what they do, see if they match normal wiring diagrams for the model,  if this is "new" wiring and connections, I'd hate to see old....
I will be replacing the speedo light which has gone too and tidy up as best I can inside the headset itself. That should be an interesting exercise for the weekend.
I have a 100 main jet in the mail from my man in Brisbane, he had it laying around and offered to let me try it before I go any further with working out how to get the extra 10+kmph that I should be out of the Veloce. I am also expecting some parts over the coming weeks, as I fit those I'll go through what I've got and what else I find on the way. Call it a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, the inside of your headset looks MUCH less dodgy then mine!! I want to replace my headlight and bulb holder thingy too, but finding it hard to track the right part down that won't cost a motza

    ReplyDelete