Friday, April 29, 2011

WARNING-some of the following images may offend some purists.

Foreplay is over. Time to get serious.






I was hoping that what I found when I pulled the tank wouldn't be too bad, I knew there would be something, but I hoped none the less.
The picture speak for themselves.
Pic one. zig zag weld on the side of frame and the horizontal seam just below the diagonal webs.
Pic two. you can see a small weld running just above where the botoom meets the side part of the frame.
Pic three. this photo doesn't do the fucking mess justice, the welds and crap around the cable hole is nothing short of shocking. My thinking is even if you are going to do a crap job, do it the best you can, have some pride. fuckwits. below is a better picture but running your fingers around the area really hits home.


Angry rant over.
Pic four. shows the rest of the seam.....grrrrrrr
Pic five. I'm pretty happy this shot worked, what I can see I'm not that happy about. You can see a seam and a weld along part of the length of the frame wall, you can see the rivits that hold the floor mat on, these should be screws. But my favorite bit is the screw top centre WTF. it is approx. 3 inches in from the end of the mat about an inch and a half off centre and there is a rivit in the same spot on the other side in the same location. My only thoughts are these held the bits together while the welded them? I hope I'm wrong but cant see why else they would be there. anyone??
Finally pic six. this is what I found rolling around in the pool of fuel, I say pool but it was just quite wet, bits of filler, rivit ends, a rivit nail, bits of cut off wire ends, swarf (metal shavings) paint flakes, dark red if anyones interested.
So the next question is where to from here?



1 comment:

  1. Pic 1 - Yeah, that was me, trade skool. Would like to see how you get the fuel tap back in. :P

    Pic 2 - Looks like it was blasted and they never replaced the sealant.

    Pic 3 - Wrong frame rubbers on the right.

    Pic 4 - Suggest a very light spray of fishoil to stop any sort of rust.

    Pic 5 - Ouch. Wish I hand small enough hands to thread Vespa cables. I'd be a millionaire.

    Pic 6 - Would make a lovely brooch for Mother's Day.

    Insert usual disclaimer here...blah blah blah..not held responsible...blah blah blah..insane in the membrane...etc etc etc...

    ReplyDelete