Friday, October 15, 2010

Delayed delivery...

I will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday, which is ok I suppose, it's pissing rain and not looking like letting up. I was hoping to spend the weekend going over the bike. So for ease of my one finger typing i'm going to refer to it as the SPV, until i feel I have a name that's appropriate, but for now I will just have to be patient and wait.
I have used an importing agent to assist in getting the SPV off the ship, out of the container, inspected by customs and quarantine and transported to my front door, this was an extra cost for sure, but living in country Victoria, having spent little time in Melbourne, and the logistics of having only one car, a young family and a wife that works only certain days at the hospital, the extra cost I can justify because of the inconvenience of hiring a trailer, taking a day off work, driving 4 hours each way and bluffing my way through the Melbourne traffic and dealing with the red tape at the warehouse and inspections. I can live with that.
A couple of days...waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment