Thursday, October 21, 2010

On closer inspection......

Well had a few hours and an experienced set of eyes and hands to assist me this time, we set apon getting the gears in order, I had done a bit more research yesterday and took what the majority of people had said and put it into practice. a bit of rolling back and forth, selecting each gear, seeing if it was in properly down the back inbetween gears and adjusting accordingly a test ride proved that they were worse than before, so a little more head scrtaching and adjusting and they seem to select cleaner and fully, but it was getting late so this will have to be another post after the sunday running in ride.

Top shows the angle of the clutch in first gear, Bottom is in fourth. this just doesn't look right to me, these positions are well beyond the scope of the numbers on the handlebar. there is very little slack in the cables, I pulled the headlight off to check the cable outers were seated correctly, they were, but I must say the inside of the headset was a little dissapointing for a "reconditioned" scooter. I'm even starting to think that the cables and outers may need to be changed, and the size of the pin securing the handle bar shaft to the gear cable holder was quite thin, say 2-3mm and had quite a bit of play, thing with all of this is I've never worked on these things, nor even laid eyes on them this intimately, so I dont know whats normal or not. I also found out why the green high beam light above the speedo doesn't work. its not connected and doesn't have a light bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment