Sunday, October 31, 2010

Registered and raring to go.

Got the bike registered this morning and I am relieved it all went ahead with no dramas. there was a question of the chassis numbers after the actual chassis number and he spent a good five minutes looking at them and at the paperwork and I could see it all going pear shaped so I decided to throw a few small talk questions like "Bit muggy today" and "geez the mozzies are bad this year" and other gems like that and he moved on to the engine number.
Costs.
TAC premium..$220
Stamp Duty......$22
Rego Fee..........$37.40
Plate Fee..........$15.30
Stamp duty again?? ....$112
Appointment Fee...$37
Thanks for coming. and they dont even supply the plastic rego sticker holder anymore, $6.00 at Autobarn.
After riding in some traffic on thursday last week and realising that the mirrors I had on the bike are next to useless, I decided I had to look into different mirrors before I end up dead. So on friday I rang GPS imports in Melbourne because I wanted to get a few spares, I decided to get a new cylinder cowl, Ill post a picture of the one that was on the bike, I did mention earlier that it was cracked and almost worn through and had just been given a spray to make it look pretty, I also ordered a set of spare cables, headlight globes, spare tubes and a few other bits and a couple of specialty tools like a flywheel puller. But I forgot about mirrors, so I jumped online and had a look at Motorsport Scooters in the U.S., I have ordered some things from them before, and the options were ok but without having measured the existing mirror stems I couldn't order anything, until I saw a couple of mirrors that clamp to the side of the legshield, So I thought that will do, they will take a bit of getting used to but i'm getting used to the whole bike anyway and without the mirrors on the handlebars Gloria would look like Piaggio intended with nice smooth lines and nothing in the way. So I ordered a pair, even though I would only probably use the right hand side, but giving me the option for a second mirror. I also picked up a couple of other things, mostly tools and the thing I was after next after the mirrors, a fourth hand tool, which after having a look online the prices ranged from $15 up to $130....for the exact same tool, go figure. I also ordered a new set of rims and tyres, hell I was paying for postage anyway.
So I have cable tied the number plate onto the crome plate cover until I get home and I will then drill out the holes on the plate so I can match them to the holes on the frame. they are about half an inch out. Now next on the list is insurance, Shannons seems to be the place to go according to the couple of people I have asked, so i'd better get to it.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see things are going well. And you'll never regret getting a fourth hand tool! :-)

    ReplyDelete