Sunday, October 24, 2010

Problems sorted.

Over the weekend I sorted out all the things I needed to so I could get the roadworthy done this week, The Tail light that had red plastic melted over the clear, I attacked it with a stanley knife and managed to get it off, It's not pretty but its all clear now.
On Friday we had a crack at the brake light, the power was there and the globe was new but still no light, we checked the switch at the foot brake, it was working freely and other than the untidy wiring looked ok. we then checked the switchbox (or whatever it's called) and the same situation in there, untidy but ok.


I decided to pull the light away from the bike and see what was going on behind the plastic light unit. again not flash but seemed ok, It was suggested that the earth, which looked a little corroded, should be cleaned up, whiich I did with some light sandpaper, I put it all back together and bingo, a working brake light. nice.
So according to the vicroads guidelines for minimum requirements to be deemed roadworthy, I had what I needed all working.

No comments:

Post a Comment