Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Half way there

I donned the vest this morning and braved the Bairnsdale peak hour traffic, which is not really that much traffic, and putted the three and a half kms into town for the roadworthy. I rolled into the back of the workshop and parked the SPV up, gave the head mechanic a rundown on how it all worked, he hadn't seen one of these for quite some time, and left her there.
Now I've been thinking about naming her, My black GT200 is called Salma, after Salma Hayek....hot, what else can I say, So I've decided to follow a similar theme and call this one....Gloria. Why? well this is why, I have a thing for olive skinned, dark haired, curvy latin women with smouldering beauty, a wild temper and the accent doesn't hurt either. So I thought of Sophia Vergara, but then I thought there is probably a million scooters called Sophia in the world, My wife chimed in and said call her Gloria, Sophia's latest character. Brilliant. that will do. What man, given the chance, wouldn't want a choice like that to ride each day.
he he he.
The call came through about an hour later, She's all good, come and pick it up. $87.00 later and a ceremonial lap of the main drag. I went back to work. The biggest irony of all was picking up my bike from a roadworthy, riding 500 metres and having to change a blown tailight globe, this is going to be fun.
So the plan now is the same as last weekend, I will do some kms on Sunday and Monday I will ide into town again for the 1030 appointment for registration, all going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment