Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cracking the century

I left a bit earlier this morning, it was a misty, still 5 degrees C morning and there is a nice long flat section of road before I get into town, little traffic around I thought bugger it lets see what you can do. Knees in, bend down a little full throttle 80-90kmph no problem 95 bit of a smile, 100 I'm grinning from ear to ear. 102 before I ran out of road and I dont know what was louder, the engine screaming or me laughing. When I got off in the carpark at work I was still smiling like a mad man, the two people that saw me thought just that by the look on thier faces and the uncomfortable hellos.
With a grain of salt I must say that Vespa speedos are famous for being wrong, I would have most likely been doing 90-95 but I wont let the truth get in the way of a good story.
2450kms on the clock. My parts are in Brisbane and will be sent next week after a bit of hardware I cant get here in the sticks is purchased on my behalf. I will definitely have something more interesting to write next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment