Sunday, April 10, 2011

Old reliable.

I check the weather forecast for the day before I decide which scoot I'm going to ride to work. Today looked glum, possible storms all day. So I opted for the GT200. She has always been my backup for rainy days and days I just can't afford a breakdown, not that I've had a real breakdown yet anyway, it's a good theory.
I rode Gloria every day but one last week and when I went to start the GT...nothing, flat battery. I looked at the ominous sky and thought " I don't have much choice" So Gloria it was. It got me thinking as to why the modern scooters don't have a kick start as a back up? some 50cc models do but not the bigger models, to the best of my knowledge, so a flat battery means your stuck and you will always find out when it's too late, such as today. I didn't really think I would ever have to use the Veloce as a back up.
As it panned out the storms found their way out to sea and missed town altogether. win win.
The GT will go on the charge as soon as I get home.
My box of bits should arrive this week, cant wait, I will be fitting a new headlight and my new horn, there are also a few odd bits that I will be replacing, but I might wait until they break first. and my new focus will be revisiting the wiring, I went two months without blowing any globes and in a week all I have left are the pilot light up front and the brake light, I'm almost certain that the headlight glass revolving and shaking madly is almost certainly the culprit for starting the chain reaction. we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment