Friday, April 29, 2011

Starting the wiring map




I am trying to figure out my wiring and do a map of what goes where, colours etc.
First up I pulled all the tools and bits from out of the LHS cowl and took the battery off it's holder so I could get to the regulator. as you can see in the first pic, the connection was a bit dodgy so I cut it off and re-stripped the wires, twisted them and attache a new connection.
Next stop was the switch. Pic 2 & 3 show the old and new switches, note the new one has the brass connector bit that goes to the horn switch, well it was on the old one before they butchered it off, the connections are different as noted previously. I cleaned the old one up as best I could and I took plenty of other photos so I don't forget which colour wire goes where. Pic four is the wire cluster. I also noted the colours at the headlight connections and the horn. The thing is its still no clearer just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment