Monday, April 18, 2011

day one of phase two.

I had to bump start the scoot again yesterday, It was a little cold but two days in a row...
This morning I checked the plug, it was still looking ok, a nice brown, I gave it a cursory clean and replaced it and proceeded to kick it over to no avail., tried to bump it and nothing, great.
I wheeled her back into the garage and then realised I had forgotten to put the lead back on, idiot, I kicked it over and then did the quick daily check, in which I snapped the front brake cable and realised the entire lighting system, except the brake light, had given up.
Just in the nick of time my box of parts arrived yesterday so I will now go about replacing the entire headlight, and fit the new horn, I'm going to get a new tail light fitting and light switch for the handle bar that should eliminate the dodgy fittings as the cause of the short in the wiring. that will do until the weather improves in a few months. I plan to ride over winter if the sun is out, no matter how cold it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment