Thursday, April 28, 2011

What Royal Wedding?

You have got to be kidding, not wasting one moment of my time on that royal crock of crud.
I've got better things to do.
Last night I was riding home, just on dusk, thinking how good is this new halogen headlight, My tail light was beaming, the speedo awash with an internal glow, there was no incessant rattle coming from the headset and the engine was slightly complaining at my mistreatment but was cracking along nicely regardless.....I really can't believe how well the bike runs, given all the possibles and probables.
Fast forward to this morning, my new start-up routine had been compromised due to my stupidity, and I found myself roll starting Gloria again, much to the amused interest of the builders working three doors up, I putted back into the drive to get my gear and realised all...yes ALL my globes had blown, except the brake light. That's it, time to sort this once and for all. Over the next few days, read evenings after the two boys go to bed, I will be delving into this light issue, and the flooding issue, it is time to pull the tank I think and check out whats going on down in there, I think something has wobbled loose and is creating a slight leak into the cavity. I need to pull the light switch and give it a good clean and rewire it, there is a short somewhere. I have to re locate the exhaust as it is now fouling on the centre stand, there is some sort of leak somewhere in the vicinity of the cylinder head/exhaust manifold connection. and from past experience I am bound to find something else .....but you know what, I love this bike in all her temperamental, idiosyncratic frustrating glory. all small problems and mostly easily fixed. well we'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment