Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rear shock mount.

Since I had the tank out I thought I'd check out the rear shock top mount, for the lower one, I put an 8mm bolt in ages ago when I pulled out the one that was in there, bent, rusted and ground down from 10 to 9mm to fit.....
Anyway, no surprises the spacer was cut and about an inch shorter than the new one I had and was rust covered, as was the spring washer and washer, there was a few washers and a spring washer missing, according to the Haynes Manual exploded drawing. The rubber was a good inch taller than the stock rubber, probably why they cut the spacer, and was quite clearly in place when they sprayed the SPV green as the top side was red.
I threw most of this in the box of crap, cleaned up the tall nut as I couldn't find a nut to fit. So I re-used it.
A side note  is I'm not sure if this is the case on a regular non-asian resto, but just about every fking nut, bolt whatever is different, up down up down changing spanners and sockets, if only I knew how to say for fucks sake in Vietnamese.....
I gave the spring and dampener  a good clean, degreaser and then petrol to be sure, some of the crud is too dense and entrenched for degreaser alone, replaced the lower bolt and nut, gave the case I could now get to a clean too.
Put the tank back in and took a look at the tools strewn all over the place, decided to sit for one beer and called it a night. Workshop can wait until tomorrow for a tidy up.
Note. I am not an employee of Coopers brewery, the bottle cap was there because I was in the zone and forgot to throw it straight in the bin. Not an advertising sideline, but if Coopers brewery need to tap into the scootering market, I am available.

2 comments:

  1. I had trouble with that spacer bolt when fitting a PX rear shock. Just ordered a couple of different sizes. Mine actually sits a little lower at the back which I quite like the look of. I could put the larger spacer on but then my feet won't touch the ground.

    Oh and apparently it's "để vì lợi ích fucks"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Mate, a quick google search confirms you are spot on, had to laugh.
    Good news, the kit arrived today....

    ReplyDelete