Sunday, January 15, 2012

Waiting game.



The FedEx tracking service tells me the 25th so I'm just sitting tight and finding something to do,  The carb will come off and I'll clean up the airbox etc.
Cases are together, oil in, stator on and reset 3 degrees closer to TDC. I am going to have another look at the front brake and the horn to see if I can't get them right too.
Otherwise.......
When I was cleaning I noticed that what I first thought was just a line of dirt where the cowl rubber sat, was actually a groove worn into the paint, speaks volumes for the quality of the paint when rubber can wear a line through it in twelve or so months.

3 comments:

  1. My engine cowl has left the same impression in my paint mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, I love checking in and reading your blog and seeing what you've found. I've not had my Balinese Vespa on the road for over a year now. The back wheel is loose. According to my Vespa mechanic mate it's a common problem with these Asian restos. They just don't use the proper parts. So the wheel will sit tight for a year or so and then "bing!" off it comes!

    I will get around to fixing her up one day, but at the moment I have bigger fish to fry.

    http://heinkelscooter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Paul, I just had a quick look at your blog, interesting stuff.
    I'm glad you enjoy reading the SPV story, trust me theres more to come.

    ReplyDelete