Thursday, January 5, 2012

The final frontier.

I think the GPS speed trial did nothing for the engine on the Sprint V, everyday since starting the engine got harder and she went from a 2-3 kick bike to a wont start at all bike and the kick start was slipping more and more
A perfect excuse to fix something, I sat in the workshop last night after I built a small ramp to get the scooter in over the door step....I think it's time.
I am slightly nervous about splitting the cases, but also excited. A little concerned that I will find some more dodgey shit as well.
So I made a plan.
Pull the head and cylinder off and replace it with a new kit.
Pull the gear selector off and clean it up.
Split the cases and replace the kick start internals regardless of condition, have a really good look at the rest and see where I go from there. I'll replace the hardware as I go, the cruciform as well and with the kit I will need to alter the timing so I can give the stator an overhaul, check the points gap etc. As long as all is ok that's as far as I will go, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment