Thursday, January 19, 2012

World tour.

The FedEx tracking shows my box left Freisling, Germany and stopped in Paris, Guangzhou, Singapore before arriving in Sydney, it's now on it's way to Melbourne and eventually to me, they estimate the 27th, but I'm fairly confident that it will be here before then, hopefully on the 25th, so I can spend the Australia Day public holiday getting it all back together, as well as having a barby with prawns and lamb chops, drinking beer in my bluey and stubbies and watching cricket, but that goes without saying.
In the meantime, on the tinkering front......






I've been cleaning, replacing some hardware and a few other things.
Pictures are:
1 - new and old screw for securing the arr box to the case.
2 - where the airbox sits looks like it has been ever so gently shaped with a bastard file.
3 - I had to dremel out the hole to accommodate the new screw, not with a surgeons precision but it's functional.
4 - The old trunnion is what was holding the end of the throttle cable to the arm on the carb. the shiny new one will be relieving it of its duty.
5 - The choke handle has seen better days as had the choke cable inner and outer, the handle will stay but the cables have been replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment