Saturday, November 13, 2010

900

Rain and domestic duties have hampered the plan. I managed 70 kms yesterday  before the clouds rolled in and my wife left for work, rode it pretty hard though, she easily sits on 70 now and theres more there, I flirted with 75 on occasion and I am surprised, or not really, by how much it shakes and rattles and I am yet to ask someone take a pic of me riding past at 60-65 so I can see how much smoke I am blowing and the colour of course. when idling at the lights or if the wind is right I get a waft of that sweet sweet two stroke. mmmmmm 2T.



Top pic. the rotation of the headlight unit, it works fine so I'll put that on the list for the day I do the oil leak.
Pic two.  the final mirror location, I wanted it to sit differently but it kept moving, I dont think it is supposed to sit this way but I'm used to it now.
Pic three.  The oil drips.
Pic four. 900kms as far as I'm concerned the run is done now, the next tank will be 3%, I dont plan to do any touring for a while so I will gradually test the engine but will wait a while before I put her through a full steam ahead trial.
The weather gave me an oportunity to go though my manuals and see what I need to do to stop this oil leak, which has progressed to 2 or three drops now, I have put some paper towel down as soon as I park up and the drops are a nice honey colour, after 400 kms I think that is ok, centred with a dark spot which I assume it road crud and brake shoe dust that th oil collects on its way down to the departure lounge where it drips off. Anyway the offender is, for those with a Haynes manual, Page 18 either number 16 the O ring to the clutch cover or, as I was advised 23 which says its a washer but the way I read the instuctions a guy gave me, there is an O ring seal in there too, I will have a good look when I get in there.
No surprises really, I put a link to this blog on a few websites and emails, It is getting a lot of interest from all over the world, mainly Australia, the US and UK, less so Indonesia, Greece, Phillipines, Italy, Vietnam, Canada, Malaysia and Sweden.
Cheers Guys.

2 comments:

  1. I still get oil drips from most of my scooters. The Primavera does more than a few drips, and by the colour of the oil and location of the drips, it is probably from the petrol tank linkage dripping into the body cavity. So when I have the inclination I'll put out the tank and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have read it's normal to get drips, but can't hurt to check it out when I get the time.

    ReplyDelete