Saturday, November 6, 2010

The centre of attention, again.

I gave you all the bike details, but the day out was great, It was sunny, I got sunburnt hands, a gentle breeze to start with and I had all sorts of attention, tooting of horns, waves and thumbs up, I was passed by two guys towing a trailer and the guy in the passenger seat was clawing at the window like a rabid dog, about 10 minutes later in town, he was almost run over trying to wave me down, he was so excited and I got the twenty questions, his mate was very interested too but more contained, while I was talking to these two another guy pulls over behind me, jumps out, he is an English guy about my age, He goes on and tells me how his Dad used to own a scooter shop in England years ago and he was apart of the second round of scooter popularity and was in the market for a Lambretta, He owns a Cafe in Paynesville that aparently has the walls adorned with scooter pictures and bits and bobs, So I was invited to park up anytime I wanted and talk scooters over a coffee. He said he had a cheap chinese scoot that his mates gave him shit over, so he asked me to do a drive-by and flip them the bird for him....He took a picture of the bike and told me I had made his day, I didn't stop in for a coffee but I certainly intend to. I stopped in town for a quick break from the seat and to give my wrist a rest, A guy and his little girl walked past " thats a nice scooter mate" "thanks mate", I even got a nod from a Harely rider....happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment