Monday, November 1, 2010

the number plate discovery.




Well I pulled the number plate cover off so I could measure and drill the new holes, not rocket science but it seemed to take a really long time, anyway, I found a few things, well I found rust in a number of places the four holes that held the chrome number plate on were all a different size and all had rust, which is fair enough I suppose given it had spent the last 39 years in the humidity of Saigon, but if the "new" paint job involved stripping back to bare metal and adding 4 layers of primer and paint, why is there rust....me thinks the paint job might have been a bit half arsed. The little chrome step had green spray paint under it, that tells me that a quick touch up would do the trick before we send it on its way.
top photo, my cable tie job.
second, the mismatched rusty holes
third, the underside of the chrome step covered in paint
last, the finished numberplate and rego sticker. and who im thier right paraniod mind would put thier rego number on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment