Monday, November 8, 2010

Run in almost done.

I have clocked 736 kms so far and through the Modern Vespa website have found a possible cause for the oil leak, an o ring, which should be an easy enough job to replace with the good advice I received,  So I will just keep topping up every few days until the wife takes the boys to Melbourne in a month for a Wiggles concert, I'll have a day off, the whole garage to play in and only the dog to annoy me. Might even shout myself some prawns and a few beers too.
The scoot is starting to develop a few little quirks, doesn't like second gear first thing in the morning, no matter how long I warm her up for, and a funny humming buzz sound when I hit 60km/hr, I think I found the cause of that, the headlight unit has vibrated around 90 degrees within the chrome cover, the little globe was at the bottom, now it's at 9 o'clock. She sits nicely on 60 now and after 65-70 doesn't seem to want to go much faster, I still have 250 kms until I want to drop the oil to 3% but I just filled the tank so next fill up I will drop the oil amount, I think this will make a difference to the power, I still haven't dared try 80 yet, maybe after 900kms I will. At least I have ditched the yellow vest, I can sit with traffic fine now so dont really need it, unless I plan to hit the open road where the speed limit is 80 or more. I hope to have past the 1000km mark by the end of the weekend,. although we are having a bbq on sunday so there will be no riding after that, maybe mid week next week then.

1 comment:

  1. prawns/beer/vespa vs wiggles - not sure it's much of a contest...

    ReplyDelete