Friday, November 5, 2010

the plan

So the plan is to do as much riding as I can, Gloria has done 321kms just around town, to and from work the long way, at lunchtime and every other opportunity I could get in between work and family stuff, I have a fresh 5ltrs of fuel in, what I did first up was put in 5 ltrs, the size of my jerry can, and then another ltr in after about a week. before I added the new fuel I had a look and guessed there was about a ltr left in the bottom of the tank, so 185 by 5ltrs....37 kms a litre, not sure thats right, I checked the service manual it says when they tested the engines originally, under ideal conditions, i.e. one up, 30kms on a dry flat road with a temperature between 5 & 25 degrees cel. and wind of up to 2mtrs per second at 55km per hr, they got between 34-45 kms. good I'm on track.
I have been doing all the riding on mostly flat roads so far, but the thing is I live in a small country town (around 15000 people) in the east of Victoria, 20kms from the coast in one direction and and the Vic alps and Mt Hotham in the other direction, so there are a few good hills around that can't be bypassed, I'm not sure this is good while running in, but I live at the top of a hill, so I dont have a choice, either does the bike.
I will report back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment