Thursday, November 25, 2010

Box of goodies.

Well I made a call yesterday to GPS Imports and my package is in the mail, it's been a month since I ordered the bits and pieces and I must admit I am looking forward to next week, my wife and boys will be away for two days in Melbourne, they are going to a Wiggles concert, cue Toot Toot Chugga Chugga, on Sunday and to the Zoo with my wifes family on Monday and home Tuesday. I will be fixing my oil leak by attempting to change an O-ring that is in a slightly difficult spot, I will be putting together 3 brand new tyres, tubes and rims, taking off and pulling apart the old rims, out of interest, to see just how rusty they are, stopping the headlight from twisting around, again, replacing the headlight globe that has blown the low beam element and causes the tail light globe to blow everytime I put a new one in, might change the gearbox oil and clean the sparkplug and probably give her a wash to get the bugs off the leg shield, then I might crack a beer and just sit there and look at her.
I've clocked over 1200kms now and the old girl will sit on 80 nicely now after that though the acceleration is slow, the engine doesn't feel as tight now and when kicking it over the compression is still very good. the most kicks it has taken is 3 to get it started and that was on a cold morning, she idles well and the bottom line is i couldn't be happier with the scoot. Ive still got about six weeks left of my warranty period and intend of getting as many kms as possible behind me just in case, the trouble isj ust about every chance I get to ride her, it bloody rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment