Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Apples and Oranges

I decided to ride the GT in to work today and I could not believe the difference, The solid safe feeling, mirrors you can see out of, indicators, brakes that dont grab, and the quiet engine, the stand I dont have to wrestle with to get the bike up onto and the worst part is ......no-one bats an eyelid when I go by, ignored, may as well not be there. I think I feel safer in traffic on a noisy, smokey rattler that on the ever reliable modern scooter. Two polar opposite rides.
One thing that I did do as an instinct was to go the foot brake that isn't there and pull in the front brake where the clutch should be. I was surprised at that because I have only riden Gloria for a couple of weeks, exclusively though, and i'm happy that it has become almost second nature already. Can not wait until I have another go tomorrow.

3 comments: