Monday, November 1, 2010

On closer inspection.....



While I was laying on the concrete dealing with the screws and nuts for the number plate, I got the torch and had a bit of a look under the chassis....mmmmmm, rust. and a bit of bodywork.
Top photo, you can see a bit of a patch job just near the tyre.
Second, the underside of the seat/fuel tank cavity,
Last, the underside of the left cowl, and the bottom edge of the chassis, this has copped a few knocks over the years by the look of it.
I must admit I expected the scoot to be in this condition, It is well documented that bikes restored in asia are more often than not like thisand some are much much worse. On the plus side, its not as bad as I thought it might be, a few minor cosmetic blemishes, like most things that are nearing 40, the surface rust is just that and can be dealt with and the engine hasn't missed a beat, everything else I've checked is all good.

2 comments:

  1. Sure is, looks like they have paid a lot of attention to the outside and it looks great, they have just cut a few corners in the parts you have to be on the floor with your torch to see I'll post some pics of the bike stripped down.

    ReplyDelete