Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Down to business

So now all the official things are out of the way, I have the run in to do. Plans are for as much riding as possible in as short a period as possible, My sister-in-law is coming up from Melbourne on the weekend and my wife isn't working on Saturday so I intend to have the run-in complete by Sunday afternoon. I have 252kms on the clock at the moment a few short trips before the weekend should see it tick over 300 and two solid days over thw weekend should get me to 700-800kms, at 40-50kms an hour that will be two solid days indeed.
I broke down the shipping crate and the timber was crappy and mismatched and held together with no less tha 500 rusty nails of evry size you could imagine and I was surprised to find a bizzare looking cocoon and a weird web around it, unfortunately I didn't take a picture, so fearing a catastrophic plague of vietnamese man eating moths I tested its strength with my hammer, it failed miserably. Having destroyed it I began thinking what might have happened had the quarantine inspectors found it, not to mention the dirt that was in the tyre treads, the old oil in the casing and the battery, not sure if there is an issue with that but if they wanted to be picky there could be, this is one reason I used an import agent, they already have a relationship with quarantine so the transaction goes smoothly. I could have been up for the excessive costs for cleaning, sterilising, destroying the timber, storage costs and god know what other fees, thankfully for me someone didn't do their job properly that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment