Thursday, November 11, 2010

Almost

Well yesterday I went out for my ususal ride about town during my lunch break, I parked up at the end and bought my lunch and thought its been a while since I last filled her up,so I took a look, shit there was probably about 250mls in the bottom, lucky I looked, so I ride across the road to the servo, shit only E10 ethanol, nope. next servo was about 500 mtre away, no problem. shit same deal, ethanol, ok the next one was another 750 mtres away, fingers crossed I knew this one had normal unleaded. So I put in 5.5 litres, must have been more than I thought in the bottom, I'm sure the tank is supposed to hold 7.7 litres and it is deceiving but I squeezed another litre in and could've probably put another liter in too but I needed space for the oil so I didn't push my luck I put in approx. 3.5% oil and this should get me to 1000kms, the next tank will be 3%. I noticed a difference straight away in the performance, a minor one anyway, the engine sounded better and felt smoother, wasn't idling as rough, and a noticable surge when I changed the gears and I've noticed that she like a constant throttle, even if just a little.
My confidence is getting better, still a bit shaky with the hand signalling and part of that is because everyone drives 20kms faster than me and no-one is used to a vehicle that doesn't have indicators, so they assume you are not turning, this has made me much more aware of whats going on around me and I'm glad I'm not riding in a big city like Melbourne or Sydney, that is just a death wish. anyway each time I ride it gets easier but I am a long way from turning a corner whilst indicating, changing gears, texting, smoking a cigar, eating a burger and still looking cool.
The speedo now reads 825kms.

2 comments:

  1. That ethanol fuel is a problem - I'm not happy that they want to get rid of normal 91.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to picture a bloke on a Vespa ever looking cool? Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete