Monday, December 13, 2010

1500kms

I ticked over 1500 kms on the long way into work this morning, I took the long way home yesterday so the engine would be warm when I adjusted the carb and idle, I did some reading yesterday and learnt that its better to tinker with a running warm engine, if turning the fuel/air mix screw you also need to adjust the idle as well. It ran well this morning, no sputters or complaints, the spark plug was still black and sooty, so I might give it another little turn  and see, the exhaust is still dark also.
Thinking about the sputter, I was thinking that when I filled the tank I filled it pretty much right up allowing only enough room for the oil, this may have effected the breather in the tank as the fuel sloshed around whislt riding along. could this be the cause?? now that I have used more fuel it hasn't happened.
My globe blowing has continued, another tail light and the speedo light as well, I haven't had a look at that one yet but I think it should be an easy fix, providing I have the right replacement globe.

1 comment:

  1. The sooty condition you are describing is due to poor combustion. You either have: low compression, incorrect timing, poor quality spark. Quit messing with the fuel/air mix screw.

    ReplyDelete