Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In response to Ulysses' comments

Mr Ulysses thank you for your strong comments, the reason I bring attention to my blog about this bike is because I am not experienced enough in mechanical things, nor old scooters. I was hoping (and expecting) for somone to bring things to my attention, you, my friend, are the first person in nearly 800 hits to do so. I will be taking your advice for sure and lifting the mat when I get home to check for the weld marks you mentioned, I have sought advice from someone more experienced than me regarding the carb, and I will be looking into the timing as well, I believe the compression is good. I can also see your point about the bulbs, how about I just figure out whats wrong and just fix it....no mention of bulbs again, I can imagine how annoying to someone who obviously does a lot of work on these machines it would be. Apologies.
As for the welded patches, I saw them in the pictures, but what I didn't see was the welds that were "blurred out" and I dont know what the frame is supposed to look like I am always looking at everything I can to see if something is not right or for new things that weren't there a week ago. This is why I started this blog, so people can chime in and point me in the right direction.
Finally, I was under no illusions that I would get or have got the ONE bike from vietnam that was a good one. I did a ton of reading and research and against my better judgement took a gamble, a risk knowing that I might get, and may have, a piece of shit. My thoughts were that at best I will have a bike that runs well and if it breaks down I'll attempt to fix it, rebuild it if I had too, and worst case well short of killing myself I'd have a pretty fancy paper weight, seriously I thank you for your input and I will be listening to you or anyone else that offers me advice, I try to stay positve when I find something that even I know isn't quite right and I'm sharing it  for people who might be interested. and I think it's obvious I really love riding the scooter.
Mr Ulysses thank you again for taking the time to comment.
Brett

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog Brett, albeit 5 years too late, have took a gamble myself here in the UK and ordered a 'Nammer' ..... due in about 3 weeks so lots of more of your blog to read.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete