Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sorted for now.

I spent a good few hours with Gloria yesterday and got everything done that I wanted to.
I built and relaced two new wheels, replaced the blown headlight and tail light globes, fixed the headlight so it wouldn't rotate, time will tell on that one, replaced the o ring and hopefully stopped the oil leak, swapped out the spark plug, cleaned up the old one and tossed it in the left cowl as a spare, replaced the cylinder cowl and gave her a good tidy up underneath.
On Friday I rode her to work, as normal on a nice day, and she ran fine, I topped up the tank on the way, and lowered the oil ratio to approx. 2.5%, Friday is childcare day so if my wife has an early shift at the hospital I bundle the boys in the car and drop her off at 7am and drop the boys off on my way to work, picking the wife up at 330pm and riding back to finish work, If she works an afternoon shift, I ride to work as normal, she drops them off and fills the time until I ride home and drive her to work, picking up the boys when I finish and luckily she gets a ride home from one of her lovely workmates in the evening. So I get down to the bike for the ride home and she kicks over but won't idle, I begin to panic a bit as this will throw a massive spanner in the military operation that is daycare day. Luckily a guy who works for the architect next door to my office, I'm a draftsman for a structural engineer, He is a motorbike guy who has shown a lot of interest and admiration for the Sprint V, wanders past. "what's the problem?" "don't know she was running fine 2 hours ago." "out of fuel?" "nope filled her up this morning, can you hold this?" refering to the throttle "sure" so he held the throttle slightly cracked, while I put my jacket and helmet on "cheers" I say as I get on, I let the throttle go and she dies again "crap" I actually said fuck but this is a family blog, so I got off put her up on the stand and kicked her over again this time giving her a bit of throttle, said thanks again and rode home, breathing a sigh of relief as I rolled into the driveway right on time.
After I finished all the work I kicked her over and decided to go for a little run to the servo to double check to tyre pressure, she started fine and idled perfectly, ran really well on the road and when I got back I dumped the oil, it has been around 800kms since I last changed it, it was the usual bluey grey metallic colour, the same as it was last time, and there were still some tiny flecks of metal in there, nothing to be concerned about though, I squirted a few extra squirts in to rinse the leftovers out and topped her up, good as gold.
I've noticed that now i'm running higher revs the gear changes are more of a click than a clunk and are a loy smoother, 0-20 first, 20-40 second, 40-60 third then fourth, shes not a fan of hills even with high revs at 80 she dropps rapidly to 60 and less if its a long hill, I'm assuming this is normal and may improve with a few more kms under her belt, but I'd soon crack the shits dragging my fat arse up a hill too. and the high beam element of my headlight blew again.........grrrrrrrr, start the next list.

No comments:

Post a Comment