Sunday, December 5, 2010

O-Ring schmo ring

Today has been a very interesting day, I had a few things I wanted to attend to, where to start?



The oil leak I suppose.
First pic. No body likes to see a lady in this position on her own, I did think of spooning her but.....she needs some work done to her nether regions.
Second pic. before I cleaned up and pulled everything apart.
Third pic. The top O ring is the problem, it is all worn and fibreous as seen in pic four, I replaced it, as you do, and found it was hard to put the clutch cover back together, nothing a bit of oil didn't fix, a wise man once told me if it doesn't fit, oil it and push a bit harder...
Anyway, it took no time to pull the clutch cover off and sort the o-ring, getting it all back together was a little more time consuming, getting the little brass clutch jibber jibber to sit in the right spot was proving troublesome, I ended up putting a small dob of grease on it to hold it in place and it was sweet. Thanks to the advise on Modern Vespa, job sorted.

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog Brett,it's going to take me AGES to read it so I can ditch my book for now, this is way better to read! :) this looks like an O ring I pulled from my asian restored SS180, all it consisted of was some cotton wrapped with thread tape, must admit it was effective, but was glad to have found it when the clutch was apart instead of the first day i put it back together! Bloody Murphy, he gets me every time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I read your blog about the sccoters, amazing what you can find, and a bit scary too, some of the same things have happened to me. It's a work in progress, so enjoy the read, feel free to email me if you see something I don't.

    ReplyDelete