Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Screw art


Here are the three screws that held the stator plate in, I replaced them and the washers with new ones. I threw them in the bin right after I took this awesome arty farty photo of them.
I got my socket adapter for my torque wrench and put the whole thing back together. wheeled it out into the sunshine and kicked her over, a nice smooth idle ensued and I threw on my helmet and went for a ride around the block a couple of times, the engine felt MUCH better, more responsive and the power had improved too, So I smiled and patted myself on the back as I parked up, an office lunch meant that it wasn't a good idea to ride very far, so I tidied up the workbench and put everything away and back into the glove box ready for a bit of a ride tomorrow after I get the day before Christmas chores done, mow the lawn, get any last minute supplies, The boys are in daycare so I will be left to my own devices.....
This blog has ticked over the 1000 hits mark with people from every continent having a look, over half are from Australia, a quarter from the US and the UK making up the best part of whats left, the rest are from everywhere Chile, Slovenia, Pakistan, South Africa, Scandinavia, all over SE Asia and Europe, Canada.
I have received Private offers of help and some very useful advice from people...Thank you to those guys for your time and interest to help out a novice scooter mechanic and budding enthusiast. I enjoy learning about the workings of the scooter and love riding it even more, I am now much more aware of what I need to keep an eye on while still enjoying the freedom and the joy of owning a classic scooter, even if it is of dubious origin.
I will be quiet for a couple of weeks, Christmas and holidays interstate you know the deal, the bike will be parked up for most of that time. Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see that you are gradually sorting problems, and that Gloria is running better as a result. I look forward to the next instalment!

    ReplyDelete