Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Frame Pictures







I have posted these in response to a request from Ulysses, I hope they are clear enough, I have enlarged the Asian characters so he can see if they match some asian bikes or engines that he has in his workshop. If in fact this casing was made in Indonesia, as it appears may be the case, I'm glad that I found out so I can document it as part of a true history of the scoot. His concerns of the welded patching, quite rightly, should be looked into, the last thing I want is the frame to fold in half doing 75kms an hour,So I hope this helps.
I will be doing some reading up on adjusting the timing and point gapping before I tackle the job of checking it is/was done correctly.
If Ulysses would like to contact me personally     badrever71@yahoo.com.au
Any information or communication will be treated as private, although I will share relevant stuff on the bike and what I do in the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Nice colour Brett, Vallombrossa green right...? Was it silver originally (looking at your profile picture) & then you restored I guess? Man, I bet Oz is a great place for riding a Vespa, year round. England is a lot more seasonal :(

    You can see some more shots of my Sprint V here...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gs3vespa/sets/72157621050784141/

    Cheers - Paul & thanks for stopping by my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul, I'm not sure of the name of the colour, I wanted it a bit darker, but it's pretty close to ascot green. it was silver/metallic grey originally.
    yeah we do have pretty good weather most of the year, the lucky country.
    I have had a look right through your site, great stuff mate.

    ReplyDelete